November 25th

            I’m preparing my last meal at the Bounce Hotel.  I decided to wake up super early, since I need to repack all my stuff before moving out later today.  My body is the sorest it has ever been in my entire life due to the hardcore workout routine I have been following the last few days.  Some American people gave me some Weet-Bix cereal and milk since they are also moving out, so my breakfast is pretty big if you include that with the oatmeal, bananas and toast I usually eat anyways.  I am going to miss this place, even though the kitchen is always dirty and the retards here make a mess every night.  As I’m eating, this English guy who I have sort of become friends with named Eddie Engine is actually surprised that it is so clean for once.  

In the computer area, the leader of the Naturals is on Skype with his parents and telling them that he just purchased a thousand dollar suit, which is like £700 back home.  I can hear him mom yelling through the headphones and he has to actually put them down to avoid getting hearing damage.  This guy really is a tool since I have seen him before wearing steel toe construction boots, a hard hat, a fluorescent orange vest and socks, while carrying a two sided STOP and GO sign.  He has written in permanent marker below STOP “AND SHOW TITS”…real genius this one.  His partner in crime, “YE Man”, is lying passed out on the floor in the living area, with his body contorted in a very strange and unique manner.  By the way, his name is YE MAN, because he keeps yelling “…YE… YE… YE… YE… YE…” and when people tell him to stop he keeps at it.  Probably one of the most annoying people I have ever encountered.  I saw this guy pull a 3 last Saturday too into the 4th floor bathroom of the hostel.  Guess I won’t be using that ever. 


After packing up all my stuff I notice the lock I bought a few days ago is gone…oh well.  Since all my stuff is so heavy, I decided to make two trips and will check out on the second one.  Before I check out I get Eddie Engine’s facebook details, since he seems like a pretty chills dude.  He likes Arcade Fire and Band of Horses as much as I do and says that he will check me when he visits T Dot next year.  While checking out of the hostel, Patches girlfriend actually remembers my name and asks if I ever drink next door and the Winking Lizard.  I tell her No, and that Patches is a shithead and she can do a lot better than him…even YEA Man.
On the walk over to my new place I spot 10+ rainbow lorikeets in a tree about a block away from the apartment.  One is sitting on a fence very still and as I go to grab my camera, they all fly away simultaneously.  Shitty, would have been a great photo, but the image will be burned into my memory forever.  Arriving at my new place I put all my clothing and belongings away neatly.  Since I am so sore I decide to take a nap for a couple of hours to recharge.  


I am awakened by my landlord Fred who has forgotten his keys in my room.  He apologizes for waking me and I am glad he did because I most likely would have just kept on sleeping all day.  I get a call from Chris who wants to meet up at the café, since he has found out that you can get free Wifi from the Hotel next door there.  We meet up and talk about biking more and I tell him about Igor Kenk, the world’s most fruitful bike thief, who stole over 3000 bikes two summers ago in Toronto.  He got really excited when I told him and didn’t realise that Canada actually had criminals.  I also tell him that I am going to take a rest day from Insanity, since I can barely even move.  He is disappointed but understands and comments  on how I could barely sit down.  Since he got a free bike from the Nunnery last night, a Trek Gazelle (pretty high level for free), we decide he needs a bike lock.  We goto Paddy’s Market and look around a didgeridoo’s, funny T-shirts, boomerangs, Akubra hats and RC helicopters.  At some point we get separated for 15 minutes or so, but I end up finding him at the stand where I got my headphones the other day and he is bargaining to get a bike lock for cheaper than advertised.  The lady won’t budge and he ends up getting it anyways got 13 AUD.  Since I am starving and still tired I tell him I have to go home and will see him soon.

After grabbing a mixed kebob and eating it at my new aparement, I am so exhausted that I pass out at 8:30 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment